Aug 6, 2019
What information do we collect?
Kepler Diagnostics, Inc. ("KeplerDx" or "We") collects personal information from a variety of sources including: distributors, this site contact information submissions, event registrations, content download, and third parties including LinkedIn and similar professional social media and partnering organizations. The type of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact information-including your name, email address, phone number, photograph, place of employment, title and other information.
- Technical information- this is information recorded when you visit our website such as IP address, GCM registration ID, browsing activity, and approximate geographic device location.
- Communications- this includes emails and other feedback you may share with us, for example a comment on our LinkedIn page or a blog post.
- Financial information- including credit card or purchase orders, banking, account and routing numbers or other requirements necessary to complete transactions to purchase our services or goods.
We, as well as third parties may collect non-personal data about your device including operating system, browser type, language preferences, time zone, referral domains, the websites and apps you visit, the duration of your visit, approximate age, and Google advertising ID.
How do we use personal information?
KeplerDx uses the personal information to deliver marketing and event communications, and to provide goods and services.
When you visit our website (including interacting with embedded items) we use (and may authorize third parties to use) web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, scripts and other tracking technologies. The tracking technologies allow us to automatically collect information about you. We use this information to collect statistics about our website, improve our website performance and for marketing our services when you are on third party websites.
You can turn off certain third party tracking technologies used for behavioral advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA opt-out program. If you reside in the EU, you may also visit the EDAA consumer choice page.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Within the GDPR framework KeplerDx gains your information through your consent and legitimate business interests related to preservation and analysis of biological material.
You may request that we remove or delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or by post at the above address.
When do we share personal data?
KeplerDx shares personal data with internal parties including employees in order to provide you with our services. We may share your personal data with certain business partners such as distributors, marketing and sales agencies, instrument providers, storage providers (such as AWS), online merchants (such as Shopify) and analytic providers (such as Google). In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information where requested by legal or regulatory authorities having control or jurisdiction over you or us. In the case of business transactions including mergers, re-organization, or acquisitions, we may share or transfer your personal information.
Where do we store and process personal data?
How do we secure personal data?
Your personal data is stored within encrypted or password-protected devices or applications, or as described by AWS or Shopify. We seek to take reasonable precautions for securing your personal data but there is always risk in transmitting data over the internet and there is risk that others can circumvent our security.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected information from a minor, we will promptly delete the information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to provide or market our services. We will destroy out-dated or unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Your rights in relation to personal data
If you reside in the EU (or in a jurisdiction that affords you with the below rights), you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with certain supplementary information.
- Receive Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Linking to other websites / third party content
We link to other external websites such as blogs, news providers, distributors and partners. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content of any linked website.